Working with special needs schools delivering specialist coaching in table and kwik cricket for young people with learning and physical disabilities to develop their skills and confidence.
Delivered in partnership with Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club and the Lord’s Taverners, the project also gives schools the opportunity to attend a Cricket & Countryside Education Day on the Belvoir Estate for their pupils to take part in cricket and countryside activities delivered by our volunteers including the huntsman, fishing experts and the birds of prey keepers.
- 250 children took part in the project
- 33 children in 3 schools received 5 weeks of kwik cricket coaching
- 197 children in 11 schools received 5 weeks of table cricket coaching
- 20 children from 2 schools visited the Belvoir Estate on a Cricket & Countryside Day
- 100 hours of curriculum coaching delivered and CPD opportunities provided to school staff
- The programme was supported by the Lord’s Taverners to deliver the table cricket
“Just wanted to say a big thank you for the visits to Knipton Cricket Ground and Belvoir Castle. Pupils from both Ambergate and Sandon had a fantastic time and got so much out of it, from developing ball skills with the cricket activities to learning more about the local environment and the wildlife. When the Sandon pupils were taken to see the hounds, one pupil said she had really enjoyed this because she had never been so close to a dog before!”
– Sara Ellis, Assistant Heaf of Sandon School