We have introduced three new projects this year: Our Teach Basketball, Belvoir Basketball Bees run along the same lines as the cricket projects and the new primary school curriculum and after- school club coaching.
- 204 children took part in the programme
- Delivered the programme in 5 primary schools
- 24 hours of coaching was delivered to 8 classes
- Enhanced schools’ sports curriculum delivery and provided CPD opportunities for school staff
- Provided exit routes for children to continue with out-of-school sport though the Belvoir Basketball Bees junior coaching programme
- Linked with Melton Basketball Club who supported the project.
Belvoir Basketball Bees Programme
- 3 venues at Grove Primary School and John Ferneley College in Melton Mowbray and Belton Lane Primary School in Grantham 72 children took part
- 103.5 hours of community coaching was provided
- The sessions were supported by 5 local volunteers giving 21 hours helping with sports coaching
Primary School Curriculum &After School Clubs Programme
- Connected with two local village primary schools in Croxton and Denton and sent in sports specialists to deliver their curriculum PE and run two after-school sports clubs
- 249 children were reached with the curriculum coaching
- 45 children attended the after-school clubs