The Bees project aims to provide cricket and basketball community coaching opportunities throughout the year.
They provide exit routes for our school curriculum sessions and links for further participation at local clubs.
2021 Basketball outcomes
- 3 venues at John Ferneley College in Melton Mowbray, Belton Lane Primary School in Grantham and Beckett School in Nottingham
- 149 children took part
- 52 hours of community coaching was provided
- The sessions were supported by 5 local volunteers giving 76 hours help with sports coaching
2021 Cricket outcomes
- 6 venues at Melton Mowbray, Croxton Kerrial, Hose, Asfordby, Great Dalby and Knipton.
- 198 children took part
- 132 hours of community coaching was provided
- 2 venues heavily subsidised targeting areas with families on low incomes
- The sessions were supported by 10 local volunteers, giving 233 hours helping with sports coaching and administration of the sessions